Featuring one-on-one interviews with extensive audience Q&A sessions, this series brings industry consultants, art buyers and art directors, photo editors, corporate clients, futurists, technologists, industry observers and creators together to discuss the changing world of professional photography and how photographers can successfully adapt.
With an emphasis on open and honest dialog, the Business as unUsual series focuses on providing information professional photographers can use right now to build or expand your business.
We provide the experts, you provide the questions. Come join the conversation!
Please note: Live attendance is limited. All registrants and ASMP Members will have free access to a recording after the event. Non-members who have not registered may access the recording for $4.99.
Mary Virginia Swanson
Consultant, Educator, Author
November 7, 2012
1:00 - 2:00 pm eastern
THIS SESSION WAS RECORDED.
watch recorded program.
The Future of Art & Commerce: what creators and users of visual content need to know in these rapidly changing times
This series of ten free webinars was jointly produced by the American Society of Media Photographers (ASMP) and Copyright Clearance Center (CCC) to educate creators and users on copyright, licensing and monetization of content. The series opened an honest dialogue about conflicting pressures for both content creators and users, while exploring a variety of mutually beneficial suggestions and solutions.
Topics & Speakers included:
- What Everyone Should Know About Copyright with Susan Carr & Richard Kelly
- Registering Copyrights in the U.S. with Jim Cavanaugh
- Understanding Fair Use with Fred Haber & Vic Perlman
- What Everyone Should Know About Licensing with Susan Carr
- How to Write (and Read) Licenses with Jeff Sedlik
- Examining Compensation Models for Visual Content with panelists Eugene Mopsik, ASMP; Michael Bilbrey, Leo Burnett USA; Joe Wikert, O'Reilly Media; and moderator Chris Kenneally
- Alternate Approaches to Relicensing / Reusing Existing Visual Content
with panelists Patrick Donehue, Consultant & Educator; Allen Murabayashi, PhotoShelter; and moderator Judy Herrmann
- License Tracking: Systems & Technologies with panelists
Roger Feldman, Feldman & Associates, Chairman of PLUS; Linda Burman, LA Burman Associates; Leila Boujnane, Idée, Inc.; and moderator Judy Herrmann
- The Future of Licensing with panelists Frederic Haber, Copyright Clearance Center; Eugene Mopsik, ASMP; Henry Oh, digital content distribution entrepreneur; and moderator Richard Kelly
- (re)Imagining the Future with panelists Tom Kennedy, digital media pioneer; Robert Levine, journalist and author of Free Ride; Rob Haggert, APhotoEditor.com; and moderator Richard Kelly
Recordings of these webinars are available for free under The Future of Art & Commerce in ASMP's Video Library.