Guest speaker Jeff Sedlik will present his workshop, "Strategic Licensing" at the ASMP Oregon Annual BBQ on Wednesday, June 18, 2014. Jeff's workshop will help you to deliver estimates that win jobs and generate profit in a competitive and evolving marketplace.
- Communicating effectively with your client to gain a competitive advantage
- Avoiding pitfalls and loopholes when estimating
- Writing licenses that satisfy your clients needs, while protecting your rights
- Pricing considerations in today's competitive marketplace
- Overcoming objections, and revising your estimate in response to client's requests
ASMP member Jeff Sedlik is a photographer, educator, publisher, expert witness, forensic analyst and intellectual property consultant. He is the President and CEO of the PLUS Coalition, the non-profit global standards body for the image licensing industries. Jeff previously served as National President for the Advertising Photographers of America (APA), and has been a Professor at the Art Center College of Design for eighteen years. Jeff received the 2005 Photography Industry Leadership Award from the International Photography Council. In addition Jeff was named 2006 Photography Person of the Year by Photo Media Magazine, and was APA's 2007 Industry Advocate of the Year. Jeff was recently awarded an Honorary Masters Degree from Brooks Institute, for Lifetime Achievement in Photography and Mastery of the Craft.
Location: Andy Batt and Michael Jones Studio
1910 NW 23rd Place
Portland, OR 97210
Time: Wednesday, June 18, 2014
7:00 PM - 9:00 PM
(Social time starts at 6:00 PM)
Link to article about PLUS: http://aspp.com/whats-plus-care/
Link to PLUS Coalition: http://www.useplus.com/aboutplus/coalition.asp