It's a crowded marketplace out there. With over 500 billion photographs taken each year, the same old, same old just doesn't cut it any more. To grow a successful photography business, you need to be as creative in how you think about your business, your skills and your value as you are on set. In this lively and thought-provoking program, Judy Herrmann, ASMP past president and creator/host of ASMP's Business as unUsual webinar series, shares tips, tools, strategies and case studies to help you build an innovative business that can compete more effectively in established markets and attract new markets for your creative work. Ideal for students and emerging photographers who want to hit the ground running and established professionals eager to adapt to this changing world.
And Judy will help you rethink:
- Your marketing
- Who you are
- What's your best work
- Giving a clearer message & way more!
Judy Will Cover:
- How advertising and marketing have evolved.
- Industry trends and how they affect professional photographers.
- 99% of Millenials are more likely to engage with a friend than a brand.
- What's Next? - come and find out!
- She will show you how "THE VALUE PROPOSITION HAS CHANGED"
- "Quality is not an absolute measure."
- Judy's program will point out how your career of photography is no longer selling photography.
- Photograph's function has changed.
- You are not selling photography anymore.
A former president of the American Society of Media Photographers (ASMP), Herrmann is also a partner and founder of the Herrmann + Starke studio, specializing in digital still life and lifestyle photography for advertising and editorial clients. An Olympus Visionary since 2000, Herrmann lectures extensively about digital photography and sound business practices. She is an expert consultant on how to turn a passion for photography into a profession. Herrmann also developed an introduction to photography business practices program for the Olympus Meet the Pros lecture series and she often travels to ASMP chapters to present "I Need to Jumpstart My Business," a seminar that helps photographers strategize on how to take their careers where they want to go. Herrmann recently won the International Photographic Council's 2008 Leadership Award from the United Nations.