You know the importance of registering the copyright of your photography. (You don't? Read this.) And you've been meaning to get around to it and get in the habit of doing it, but... you take one look at the Copyright Office's convoluted online registration system, close the window, and say to yourself "I'll do it next time."
It's not as scary as it seems! You just need a little in-person guidance. This is it: a three-hour workshop walking you through every step of the complete copyright registration process, including final upload/submission. By the end, it will seem like child's play.
There is a little prep work involved so that you'll be ready to go through the process the night of the workshop:
- You must set up an account on the Copyright Office's online system (eCO).
- In this workshop, you will register unpublished images only. (For the definition of unpublished, visit this page.) Please no more than 2000 files.
- Please download this PDF for instructions on preparing your digital files for copyright registration.
- Bring your prepared images and your laptop computer (Wi-Fi- enabled) to the workshop.
- Come prepared to electronically pay the $55 fee to the Copyright Office.
This workshop is free for ASMP Members. For non-members it's $35 - but if you join ASMP now, it'll be free! This workshop is limited to 20 attendees and the prep work will take a bit of time, so you better reserve your spot now! Pre-registration is required to attend this event.
Please note: there recently may have been a technical glitch with the event registration. When you register through ASMP.org, (or if you have already registered), make sure you receive a confirmation email. If not, you may not be registered!
Our workshop guide and instructor will be ASMP-KC Board member Pilar Law, who has registered the copyright of countless batches of images. Our workshop classroom will be the hip loft studio of ASMP-KC Board member Simon Kuo (Westside Studio, 218 Delaware, Suite 201, KC, MO).